Discover the must-have book for all children! Barefoot Books Children of the World depicts kids of a wide range of shapes, sizes, races, abilities and lifestyles from countries and cultures all over the world. From enjoying special days to trying on silly hats, this ground-breaking picture book celebrates the big ideas and everyday moments that all children share.
A simple narrative with stunning hand-painted illustrations by award-winning Barefoot Books World Atlas artist David Dean invites both small children and independent readers to think about their own experiences while providing a window into the experiences of others. A full 15 pages of educational endnotes explain the detailed illustrations, encouraging meaningful conversations about diversity and inclusion. Older children will be empowered to explore these important issues on their own. An essential addition to every home or classroom library!
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 11.75 inches
- Page Count: 64 pages
- Age Range: Ages 3-10 years
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Gold Medal Winner, Moonbeam Awards, 2016
- Brain Child Award Winner, Tillywig Toy & Media Awards, 2016
- Silver Award for Juvenile Nonfiction, Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Award, 2016
- Featured on The Today Show, 2016
- Children’s Nonfiction Picture Book Gold Winner, NAPRA Nautilus Awards, 2017
- Multicultural Book of the Month, Colours of Us Blog, 2016
- Books That Bring People Together, School Library Journal, 2018